Welcome to the KALT website
Kenya Association of Livestock Technicians (KALT) is a registered association of technicians within the livestock industry started in 1992. Application for registration was done in 1993 but unfortunately we were denied registration and in 1994 we appealed to the registrar of societies and we were finally registered on the 17th August 1995 under cap (108) laws of Kenya. KALT brings together technicians who have undergone a minimum of two years training either in Animal Health and Industry Training Institute (AHITI), and Dairy Training Institute (DTI). Holders of Diploma, BSc and any equivalent in livestock related courses from recognized Institutions are also eligible.
- Organizing activities for the promotion of knowledge of the members on modern livestock husbandry practices.
- Writing publications on livestock production matters.
- Advertising the functions of the association in the media and publications.
- Organizing shows and exhibitions to demonstrate methods, skills in livestock production matters.
- Assisting wherever possible members of the association for professional, educational and social purposes.
- Assisting wherever possible members who by adversity or ill health are in need of help.
- Organizing, participating and performing environmental protection and development activities.
- Collect membership fees and subscriptions from members